Monday, January 31, 2005

Sizzle Frogs

One time when I was 12 I thought I'd be really sneaky and surprise the mail lady with 3 frogs jumping out at her from the mailbox as she delivered the mail.

I came out a day later to notice 3 coaster-like frog skin/skeletons crispy on the ground. I guess in my excitement of the prank I had forgotten that even in Michigan in the summer, it can get a little toasty inside of a metal mailbox.

I didn't mean to kill them I swear. I love frogs.

Chad and I used to catch them all the time at Columbia Creek park. We would swing from the tire swing and jump into the creek and swim, catching enormous bullfrogs and crayfish that were plentiful. It was a great time.

Screw money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think it was 2 frogs. And boy did we get in trouble. The mail lady thought it was some sorta sick joke. Oops, sorry mom.