Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Chili burp

:),

That's supposed to represent something. I always thought it was amazing when I went to college, and everyone said "hi" to one another when they were in passing. Being a very shy person in high school, I would never have thought to be forward and talk to people in public, I was pleasantly surprised that people at my college were willing to greet complete strangers while walking across campus.

Now I know that it is simply an adult formality, which comes from years of knowing things that you're simply "supposed" to do, like thank people for gifts, being polite, returning phone calls, being on time, and being courteous to people you meet at random.

Formalities are fun, huh? I would agree with that until a person gets stressed or encounters problems. Leading our college class council, taking a full load of 18 credits, working 25+ hours a week, and trying to eat and maintain a healthy social life are very tough for a college student. Couple that with feeling like you have to look up and smile at everyone walking by to say "hi" when you could care less, kinda sucks at some point.

I know a guy who at his work is pretty stressed out, and plenty of people come with him for questions of help every day, but he still manages to try to humor as many people as possible and keep it all under control.

Is he thinking about that kind of stuff on a Saturday afternoon watching college football? I doubt it. Don't put a creature in a foreign habitat. Of course being nice is something I always want to do, but when did I become subservient? I love a challenge, and will do what it takes to get by. Why do I want to get by? Why don't I take charge of everything and change it all to fit what I want from life.

Good question, it's time to start doing it. Like they say, life doesn't wait for you.

P.S. As an aside from some of the crap in the middle of what I was talking today. Don't you hate people that talk like they know what they're talking about, but you know they don't? I've only met 2 extreme cases of this in my life, initials J.F. and M.R., but they know how to talk business (or at least use the catch phrases they've picked up), but when it comes down to them and you having to do the work, you know who will be doing the work. I figure it only lasts so long.

P.P.S. Had some good chili tonight....

I like to know there's a positive and negative ebb and flow to life and blogs. On a positive note, I get to go visit T.C. this weekend, and I am so happy about that. One person that truly is able to make me drop and forget everything that happens and smile like a retard - so the smile at the beginning was real :).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww ;)