Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Freedom Fries

Boo,

Going somewhat off from yesterday is another thing I find interesting. Why do people continue to try to figure things out and make statements, after we've found how just about everything ever decided has been contradicted or laughed at by later generations?

Does failure breed success? I've often been told that you have to mess up to try harder and get it right next time. So do we do what we do knowing it is currently a success later seen as a failure?

I think more that people fail so as to look good in this generation. You're the man if you say something that causes your peers to agree with you and take it as fact. Meanwhile there's always that person, the innovator, that knows better than you, or so he thinks, and is either tweaking your philosophy or contradicting it completely, in such a way to gain approval from his peers, and eventually be proven wrong again in the cycle.

Like I said before, I believe in God as an absolute, and I've questioned myself time and time again as to why I believe what I believe, and it hasn't changed, but is in fact the one truth I've embraced to the point where I don't see it being challenged in my lifetime. The rest of life is fair game.

I don't see gravity being around forever. That big earth quake that happened over in the Ocean of South Asia, supposedly put a 'wobble' in the earth's rotation. Seems that enough wobbles or adjustments to earth's rotation could seriously F up earth's spin and orbit, and send gravity to the crapper.

There go all the accomplishments, and we're back to square one with nothing gained.

I'm guilty of thinking I'm right most of the time, but I will definitely give up my position if someone else's is obviously better or more thought out. I know a lot of people that will not. So are they wrong, or did they subconsciously figure out the theory I talked about before? (trick question, both options in the sentence are implicitly the same)

So what's the alternative to this? To do nothing, because what we do is wrong and will be laughed at or "improved" later. Or do people continue to make those statements, for the "good" of the future?

It'd be interesting to see the earth with people that started all over again. I wonder what the differences would be like. Unfortunately in the middle of it all we had all those empire things that helped everyone to think very similarly. I'm not talking about races, but instead the minds and philosophies that people had when they were on their own, and that many more diverse cultures could come up with.

Maybe the Nazis were just trying to preserve culture by building the Berlin wall, and it would have been better to leave up. We say people get diverse by bringing them together, but in reality we just get soup.

I hated the mixing bowl vs. melting pot debate in high school :).

Even though I don't necessarily believe that aliens exist, I think the biggest benefit and thrill of finding them would be to see those differences their ideologies would bring.

Hopefully they would let us live long enough to see them.

No comments: