Monday, January 17, 2005

* Asterisk *

Hey people that don't read this,

Why are some people lazy and others try for things? Why do I ask questions? We make what we want out of life. This is no more apparent than in some people that I've recently met. People think they 'need' things, or that certain things will make them happy, while they are staying in the same state in life as they always have been, and always will be (or so they hope).

I have one friend that thinks you need to be wealthy to enjoy life. What is wrong with that picture? They honestly think that if you were poor, or struggled a little bit to get by, that you couldn't get just as much or more enjoyment than someone who got to buy whatever they wanted.

I know that I was once poor, living on poverty, having to go to clothing banks and pick through other peoples' giveaway clothes, the ones that they didn't think were good enough for them anymore, but those they thought some sap like me could use. I remember using food stamps at the grocery store to buy gum so that my mom could have the change from these purchases just for a little more cash money. I remember the embarrassment of tearing those stupid coupons out of the books while people who had the dough behind us in line at the cashier watched.

Things are rough sometimes, where do we earn appreciation? If we think we always need to be wealthy, that is probably because it is a goal of ours, or it is all we have ever seen. If the people who thought that way were to suddenly find themselves out of work, or in a drastic turn of events, what would they do? Probably survive, and make it, even if it weren't at the standard they were used to, and probably at some point they would have a happy moment, even if it weren't to come from their money.

Another friend I know doesn't want to learn any more skills because they figure they can just pay someone whose time isn't worth as much to do it. Boy what a sack of crap that is. I think all people's time is worth the same, especially initially through potential, and that we shouldn't think just because a person doesn't make as much measurable wealth as us, that they should be slaves doing lesser work.

I know that personally I'm always trying to find those things I don't know to do, just to have a larger skill set to draw from if the times ever get tough. This coupled with the need to feel like a real man :), cause me to change my own oil, and find other 'manly' things to do sometimes, because I don't want to only be associated with computers. They definitely make the money right now, but I don't think I can expect that to last forever.

In an aside:

I think we all need to offer up a prayer for Doug Brien and the way the game was lost on Saturday. That was just unfortunate, because of how they gave the game to the lousy Pittsburgh Steelers, who lucked into another win. Very disappointing, sorry Dougie.

In another aside:

Posts to this blog are going to be sporadic on weekends, but I will try to post on weekdays as well as I can...

Song of the day:

"Look What You've Done" -- Jet



Ching ching ching....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monogenes said...

These kids have nothing to be happy for besides someone giving them what we would consider a lousy meal and perhaps some fourth rate education and a shanty place.

Losing your parents, your health, and having nothing to call your own, you find happiness in whatever you are allowed.

http://iccf-holland.org/foldere.pdf

Monogenes said...

Inappropriate comments will not be allowed by the administrator :), have to keep this blog appropriate, thank you...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.