Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wazzup NOW?

I know some of you probably expect me to blog about the crappy economy (personal situation), or wet basements (personal situation), or maybe even Obama's stimulus plan for our nation. But I think today I'll take it in a different direction completely.

I saw this article today and it kind of upset me, but not as it might some. I think that parents allowing a child to sample alcohol in the confines of their own home is not so bad as long as it is under a good deal of supervision (i.e. not letting them go drive somewhere, etc). However, in this article, all the mom is getting charged with is giving alcohol to a minor and reckless conduct. Hello, the FREAKING kid killed somebody! That is moronic. I can't believe all this lady is facing is a possible year and jail and some fines. That is definitely coming close to being an accomplice to manslaughter.

Anyways, to touch on wet basements. If you own a Ridgid wet dry vac, and have a LOT of water to vacuum, the pump is TOTALLY worth the $40 it costs to hook it up to a hose. However, the real solution (which costs $7K), may or may not be worth it, dependent upon if you have a job or not.

4 comments:

WICK said...

wow. ironic that the title of the article implies they're "cracking down" on moms like her.

guess I'm lookin' at job security for a while. :)

Brady said...

Only stupid people justify stupid things.

Monogenes said...

I don't understand Brady's comment :).

Brady said...

Only a stupid person could justify letting the mom off so easily for something so stupid?