Monday, February 23, 2009

Recent Events

Just got back from a nice weekend with the brother/sister-in-law (Chad and Sarah) and my beautiful nieces' (Addison and Sophie) house. We were there celebrating my niece Sophie's 1st birthday, and she had a fun party Saturday afternoon. The weekend was full of eating, playing Phase 10 & euchre, and talking.

My other brother Brady was also there to celebrate, it's always nice to get a chance to hang out with him as well.

Yesterday, after getting over an upset stomach, Staci and I drove back home to O'Fallon, did our Sunday ritual of grocery shopping, and I finished my homework for this week as she helped do the laundry.

Recent books that I'm reading or have read include Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama, and The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch. I have also just requested The Shack by William Young, because of the endorsement it received by my brother and trying to stay up on things. All of this would not be possible without the invention of CD-based audiobooks, which are my constant companions during my commute. Beyond these, I plan on trying to make it through most of the top 10 books from 2008 recommended by Amazon as soon as I get the chance. I haven't read anything besides school required reading for years, so this is a good change.

All of the rest of my time is spent doing things. I am really into time management these days, and my weeks consist of working, sleeping, job hunt, school, basement, and keeping all of my interpersonal relationships in order. Honestly I can't wait for 3 of these things to be over (school, basement, and the job hunt). Mainly the job hunt though, because then the others will be made easier.

This post has been a bunch of logical statements because right now my mind is in a zone :). I swear my next post will probably make less sense. Have a great Monday!

No comments: