Thursday, October 18, 2007

How long is a week?

Is every question relative these days? This week I have 2 midterms, and the forethought that Saturday is the beginning of a week-long vacation I have for my family and friends in Cabo San Lucas.

This is compounded by the fact that at work there is a considerable lull in activity compared to 2 weeks ago when I worked 40 hours in 2.5 days in Virginia. Now it seems like there is barely anything to do. So I sit here at my computer each day waiting to do a few things, but it can't really compare to that level of activity.

You can also look ahead to the middle of next week, when we'll be having fun in the sun with each other and a tropical drink, reading books, playing in the water, and enjoying the free time we've been afforded since awarding ourselves with it. At that point it will probably seem like a week is an instant, knowing that when we get back to the majority of our life back home, the relative time will be slower.

I know time is measurable, but the measuring tape can vary.

In reality, I love all of the time I am given, as each moment is a blessing from God. Our lives are fleeting, and we should never wish any of the moments of them away.

2 comments:

WICK said...

i believe it.

Anonymous said...

Every minute with you is a minute I treasure :). Awww.