Thursday, December 04, 2008

2nd Amendment

This past fall I decided that it was time for me to join the ranks of those permitted to bear arms. In Illinois, state law dictates that you must possess a FOID card in order to purchase a firearm. I applied for mine back in September, and recently received it. I also attended and passed hunter's safety (50 hicks and me out in New Baden, IL, most of them under the age of 13).

I purchased a firearm to make my home safer (argue what you may), but now it seems like even the elderly are able to do that, but this time, via a prescription from their doctor. I'm sorry, but this is pretty scary, and even makes me upset somewhat that insurance can be used for that purpose.

Happy Thursday :).

1 comment:

Dustin said...

Why be upset? Medicare/Medicaid already pays for medical devices like wheelchairs & scooters. Wheelchairs help them them get around, palm pistols help them defend their lives. Which is more important? Hard to say, but you can't argue with the fact that they're at least on the same playing field.

Just my humble opinion. ;)